Report No.: CCEER-93-7
Adequacy of Three Highway Structures in Southern Nevada for Spent Fuel
Authors: N. Wehbe, M. "Saiid" Saiidi, E.
Maragakis, and D. Sanders
Date: August 1993
Sponsoring Agency: United States Department of Energy
- Performing Organization:
- Department of Civil Engineering/258
- University of Nevada, Reno
- Reno, NV 89557
- The transportation of spent nuclear fuel across Nevada to the proposed repository site
in the southern part of the state could significantly affect the infrastructure system in
- One of the major classes of structures affected by the nuclear waste transportation is
highway bridges and culverts.
- This report presents the results of the research work conducted during 1993. The study
includes the evaluation of three bridge structures, G-965, B-976 and H-1020. The
three structures are located on a potential nuclear waste transportation route in southern
- Where bridge upgrading is needed, retrofitting procedures are suggested and the
associated cost estimates are presented (Abstract by authors).